Zambia Athletics (ZA) is an Athletics Sports Federation affiliated to World Athletics (WA), Confederation of African Athletics (CAA), Confederation of African Athletics Region 5 (CAAR5), National Olympics Committee of Zambia (NOCZ), National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) and to any other African Regional Athletics organization and whose participating countries or organizations are members of WA.
The objectives of ZA include the following:-
- to administer, conduct, manage, supervise, regulate promote, foster and control Athletics throughout the Republic of Zambia in accordance with the rules and regulations of athletics, and as amended from time to time.
- to foster and promote the development of friendly relations among its members.
- to co-operate with other sports organizations, both public and private.
- to partner with corporate entities and other organizations in developing athletics.
- to protect and enhance ZA’s and WA’s intellectual property including the undertaking of commercial, marketing and sponsoring arrangements for athletics.
- to maintain, establish, administer, promote, regulate, manage, conduct and control Provincial Athletics, National Championships, Road Races, Mountain Races, Masters Championships competitions, to encourage and assist in the formation and development of Provincial, Regional and International athletics competitions.
- to promote fair play in athletics by applying and enforcing the World Anti-Doping Code including the implementation of relevant anti-doping rules, programs, systems and disciplinary measures.
- to preserve the right of every individual to participate in athletics, as a sport, without discrimination in the spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
- to arrange, promote, manage and conduct representative and international athletics competitions and tours.
- to conduct seminars, coaching courses, workshops and symposiums throughout the country.
- to solicit for athletics’ coaches from overseas and promote the training of Zambian amateur athletes, in other countries.
- to approve or disapprove international competitions and tours organized by ZA members.
- to make and to approve regulations for the conduct of regional competitions, and coaching courses.
- to regulate the conferment of awards or prizes in respect of competitions or championships organized by or falling under the jurisdiction of ZA and its Affiliates.
- to solicit funds in the interest of ZA and its members upon prior sanction and authority of the Council.
- to borrow, raise and invest funds and to acquire and hold property in the interest of ZA and its Affiliates.
- to do all such things which ZA shall see fit to do and which are conducive for and in the interest of athletics.
2 thoughts on “About Us”
Comments are closed.