RUN TOWARDS ABUNDANT LIFE ON OCT 10, 2020 & TAKE PART IN THE RACE TO BEAT COVID-19 ON NOVEMBER 7, 2020
LET US NOT HIDE OURSELVES BEHIND FEAR AND INSTEAD
RUN FOR CANCER BEYOND COVID.
BEAT CANCER…BEYOND COVID-19
5K | 10K | 21.1K
Grace Cancer Run Is back, and this time it is virtual. Although the world is undergoing a great change with the pandemic, it is necessary that the dreaded diagnosis and prevalence of cancer is not ignored at any cost. Can there be any scenario in which we neglect Cancer Awareness in this time of Covid19 or any other time? And the answer should and will always be an emphatic NO. We would rather say the price of ignoring cancer can be monumental, given that many of those diagnosed are in the later stages and screening. Hence let us not just focus our attention on COVID but simultaneously keep our vigilance to any symptoms which are unusual and report them to the doctor at the early screening and detection saves lives.
Yes, it is good news that most cancers are curable with the availability of advanced treatments but it can be possible only when we detect the tumor at the early stages. Unfortunately, most people are still unaware of this deadly disease and cannot recognize it until the tumor reaches a critical stage. The paramount need of this and any time is to bring awareness about cancer and save precious lives.
During the global pandemic people have taken a back seat for cancer and presenting themselves for treatment and diagnosis much later than needed. It’s time for us to bounce back by refocusing our efforts on awareness and to restoring our health.
The Grace Cancer Foundation is organizing its third edition of the Global Virtual Cancer Run with the theme of ‘Beat Cancer…Beyond COVID-19. We warmly welcoming you to take part in the event and providing a platform for you to contribute to society in bringing awareness. Let’s bounce back and make a worthy decision to participate in this virtual run.
Why are we opting for a virtual run this year?
We at Grace Cancer Foundation are determined to continue our fight against cancer. Even during these unprecedented times due to COVID-19, our first and foremost priority is to ensure the safety and wellness of our participants along with community. So, this year, we have decided to conduct this event virtually. We are delighted to inform you that you can participate by running the comfort of your home irrespective of weather a treadmill or a nearby track.
The goal is to reach a distance in a given time frame.
There are events for all fitness levels:
- 21.1K (Half Marathon)
Besides creating awareness, this virtual cancer run boost one’s physical and mental health during the time of pandemic. So, someone looking for an event to join and donate of your time and treasure while receiving a physical and mental benefit, then this is the best choice for you!
Now, Grace Cancer Foundation takes pride in promoting the Virtual Cancer Run platform by clicking the link below.
Our Objectives for this Virtual Run
- To run Virtual Cancer awareness program across the globe.
- To help people lead active lifestyles by making running a preferred form of fitness.
- No cancer patients should be deprived of treatment due to lack of health care support.
Our Mission for this Virtual Run
- To promote physical activity as a means to prevent and combat cancer in the society.
- To make a meaningful and significant impact on people lives by creating awareness about Cancer.
Basic layout of how the Virtual Run will be held:
- Runners willing to participate have to register themselves at https://www.gracecancerfoundation.org/ or https://www.ifinish.in/event_details/Grace_Virtual_Cancer_Run_2020
- The registered runners will receive an e-bib (i.e. a personalized, printable picture) in their respective mails. We prefer that you print it out and pin it to your T-shirt/Running Vest, as we want to make it feel like an event and not a solo run.
- On the day of the event, i.e. 10th October, 2020, the runners are requested to start between 5 to 7 A.M. and finish at the latest by 9 A.M., in the respective time zones globally.
- If, for some reason, beyond individual control the runners aren’t able to start the run between the aforementioned times, they can complete it before the end of the day.And those of you who are not able to run on that day, can do so on any day up to 16th October 2020 and submit their details by or before 23 hrs : 59 mins IST of 16th October 2020.
- The runners are also requested to carry a water bottle or an energy drink and also a few snacks so as to stay hydrated and energized all through the run. The runners are also requested to maintain personal safety during the entirety of the run
- Runners are requested to run outside, along the safe route of their choice and which has the least amount of traffic. If interrupted by weather complications or other uncontrollable situations, the runners can run indoors. If the participants are unable to complete the entire race, they are requested to run the distance comfortable to them.
- Strava is the preferred app for recording the run. Please make sure your device is sufficiently charged to capture your entire run. After the completion of the run, the runners are requested to post the distance of the run along with a selfie or photograph with the bib on the chest to.
Note: Runners can record the total time on a watch or any timing or running app and are requested to share the public link of the activity which has date, distance, pace, and the start and finish time to the aforementioned link.
Few apps that offer public link for activities are:
Strava, Runkeeper, Mapmyrun, Endomondo.
- Runners are requested to share their pre/during/post run pictures/selfies on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and tag @gracecancerfoundation (FB) @gracecancerfoundation (Insta). We shall pick a few lucky runners from these posts and reward them with goodies.
Advice from the event organizers:
- We request you to kindly maintain social distancing during the run for the safety of yourself and your surroundings! We also request you to comply with all the orders of the government or local governing bodies.
- The runners are responsible for their own safety and of others during the run
- This run has been planned to encourage fitness, in trying times such as these, to promote social well being.
Enjoy the run.
For any queries contact:
Mail to email@example.com